- After 20 years of silence the money
became impossible to resist and Dick returned for five concerts. This
led to the F*** THIS FOR A LAUGH performances. Which went down well
but made him that he had littlew to add to what he had already said and
written. The issues had moved on in
that time and Richard was not the character to explore them.
also did a one off event in 2002 at the Jump Ship Rat in Liverpool after a few
guest spots for friends over the years.
Two of the gigs in this period where very memorable because they nearly
convinced him to carrry on.
- The Return of Richard Dripping
- "F*** THIS FOR A LAUGH"
- Tickets £29.50 - £35.00 (no concessions)
- available (link)
- Wednesday 17th July 2002
- The Tramshed, Croydon
- BE PREPARED TO BE AMAZED AS A LEGEND RETURNS.
- "Filthy and disgusting I don't know why anyone
would pay to hear this muck." Boston Globe
- "He even gives Punk a bad name." James Orden, NY
- "Why have a double meaning if you can have five..
his poetry bursts with life." Boston Poetry Review
- "he tells it as it is... a bit tasteless at times
but you may not notice because you are laughing so much" Gay Times
- "Liverpool's greatest export?. They were probably
glad he left." The Invoicer
- "I have a soft spot for him." Jim Bennett, a
- An Evening with Dick
- SKIDMORE COLLEGE
- Albany, NY
- Jim Bennett returns with Richard Dripping
- for one night only
- Saturday 21st June 10pm till late
A CHRISTMAS POETRY CIRCUS
- FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TICKETS GO
- A concert of folk music, klezmer, shanties,
poetry and fireworks.
- In the unique venue of a boat on the River
"The Return of The Legendary Richard
- the once seen never forgotten punk poet
from Eric's performs in his home city for the
first time in 20 years.
- Hear Richard perform some of his classic
poems - "Which one is the real Dick?" "Three
Dicks are better than one."
- and "Although my name is Richard I still Prefer
- the amazing Jim Bennett, singing and
reading in his final major concert of 2006.
- Promising some exciting new work to be heard
for the first time and some old favourites
Street" and the iconic "Liverpool Is".
- and Simon Schultz, Ben Houghton,
Sandra Hourglass plus other very special
- The ticket price includes a goody bag of
books and CD's together with a priority booking
form for future events.
- 5 hours of concert events and Mersey
cruise. Bar and dining room available.
- tickets £45
It is a one-off opportunity to experience
the words and performances of the amazing
Jim Bennett, "The Legendary Richard
Dripping", while sailing on a cruse along
the River Mersey.